Sunday, April 27, 2014

My first illustrated short story.

A little while back the islander art group gave me the opportunity to share in their group publication "Black Night" with a short illustrated story. I have to admit this is a first for me, while used to writing stories as a personal activity I have never actually tried publishing one. Until now. The islander art group have quite a bit of experience in this field, all being artists and illustrators of a very high caliber themselves. I found them really helpful and supportive throughout this process, an exercise about which I knew absolutely nothing. Their patience being such that I have begun to believe that it may be next to impossible to annoy any of them at all... no matter how hard I try :)

 The magazine is a collection of stories and art created by JG O'DonoghueEleanor Reilly, Mike Nolan, Marian Noone, Alan Corbett, Wayne O'Connor, Sara Otterstatter, Raul Fernandez and myself



My own contribution is just an illustrated short story of about a little group of people trying to make a living in the far reaches of the solar system. I guess I have always been a sucker for sci-fi and see no reason not to entertain this weakness. The magazine will launched at a special event in Cork, at the haunt of the Cork Sketch Group, the Franciscan Well Brewery. The event will take place on Saturday May 17th at 4.00 pm and there will be copies there available for purchase. If you are around and are interested then hopefully I will see you there.
Thanks for looking:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Oh wow ! a comment, I just love comments :) thanks very much.

/* Start Stumble Hover button ------------------------------------------------ /* End Stumble Hover button ------------------------------------------------