Monday, October 8, 2012

Drawing from life..


minen lead and oil pitt on student block, average size 40 x 30 cm

 On Sunday 7th I joined the life drawing session at the Lourdes School of Art a nicely run 
drawing class with excellent life models free tea and coffe and a complimentary buffet. I recommend 
it to anyone looking to improve their figure drawing. The session is well well lit and attended by an accomplished tutor by the name of Stephen Lourdes. There are a variety of poses and drawing times, starting after warm up with several five minutes and some ten and finally finishing on a twenty minute pose. This practice of adhering to a short amount of time tends to help focus the artist on the essentials and provides a good challenge to try and get an acceptable representation of the full figure within a limited period.


Thanks for looking :)

2 comments:

  1. These are very good. You'll get hooked to life drawing. I go to a group and we do 5 min, 10 or 15 min. then a 2 hour pose. I like the shorter times as one can't fuss too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stephanie, yes I have to agree with you, I like the shorter times also, sometimes my short scribbles even look like people :)

    ReplyDelete

Oh wow ! a comment, I just love comments :) thanks very much.

/* Start Stumble Hover button ------------------------------------------------ /* End Stumble Hover button ------------------------------------------------