Monday, February 13, 2012

Pastel painting of bananas......


This is chalk pastel on tinted Canson..
There was a time I would use nothing but chalk pastels as my medium.
This went on for a couple of years, I was delighted with the speed that work 
could be produced at when using them and the amazing strong colors that 
could be achieved. For me chalk pastels will always be that next step beyond 
drawing where color is required. Very useful too for a preparatory sketch when
considering a subject for an oil painting. 


Thanks for looking :)

2 comments:

  1. I love bananas! Very good, I also like the way you included part of the crate in the composition. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon, I've had that work hanging around the studio now for a while, I had completed it some time ago. This week I decided to frame it and include it in an upcoming exhibition, so I decided to post it here on the blog too. So glad you like it.

      Delete

Oh wow ! a comment, I just love comments :) thanks very much.

/* Start Stumble Hover button ------------------------------------------------ /* End Stumble Hover button ------------------------------------------------