Sunday, August 14, 2011

A few watercolors..

I don't do watercolor that often, something I'm thinking I should remedy.
These were done over the last two days, I had forgotten how quickly
they can be produced and how much fun they are to do.

 kevin gough www.goughpaint.blogspot.com

This is a boat wreck in Derrybeg County Donegal, I originally drew this
years ago in pastel, there was a lot more of it there to draw then, but its interesting 
to see how much of it has survived over the decades to resist the onslaught of the Atlantic

kevin gough www.goughpaint.blogspot.com

I am using soluble watercolor pencils for the most part as it is faster
and time never seems to be on my side.

kevin gough www.goughpaint.blogspot.com

This last is a plein air from the town of Cobh county Cork.
It's here where the pencils are most valuable, the drawing is done with the oil based pitt 
pencil and it is just colored in with the soluble pencils. All I need to do then is draw a 
very small watercolor brush over the surface and in minutes I have a nice little color study.

Thanks for looking :)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Dom glad to know you like it and are still checking out my stuff :)

    ReplyDelete

Oh wow ! a comment, I just love comments :) thanks very much.

/* Start Stumble Hover button ------------------------------------------------ /* End Stumble Hover button ------------------------------------------------