Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Pencil study of Caravaggio's "St Francis in meditation"

 kevin gough www.goughpaint.blogspot.com

This is a study of Caravaggio's "St Francis in meditation",
done in Minen leads, Derwent pencils and Pitt graphite.
I had taken a break from these studies for a few weeks which
I think is important to allow time to mess about with other mediums.
I find now that I have a good system going with the minen lead and the
pitt graphite, however the graphite does tend to have that grainy quality
so I am on the lookout for something softer.

Thanks for looking :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Oh wow ! a comment, I just love comments :) thanks very much.

/* Start Stumble Hover button ------------------------------------------------ /* End Stumble Hover button ------------------------------------------------