Sunday, November 7, 2010

Pencil study of details from " The taking of Christ"

kevin gough www.goughpaint.blogspot.com


This study was completed using Derwent pencils. This study is detail taken from the work "The taking of Christ" by Caravaggio. I'm going to get through as many of these as I can as the difficulty in transferring them to graphite allows me to learn more each time I attempt one. Like the others in the Caravaggio series this one was my fifth attempt before I felt I had arrived at an acceptable level.
All attempts bar the previous post have been consigned to the fire.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Oh wow ! a comment, I just love comments :) thanks very much.

/* Start Stumble Hover button ------------------------------------------------ /* End Stumble Hover button ------------------------------------------------